Tuesday 16 January 2018

Spiritual Growth #3 Attending Church Services


Hebrews 10: 25 NIV

“not giving up meeting together,
as some are in the habit of doing,
but encouraging one another -
and all the more as you see
the Day approaching.”

To my thinking it is a natural thing to do, going to church. I grew up in a family where we used to attend Church each and every Sunday.  My Dad would wake us up with a nice hot cup of coffee and then everybody would get ready for the service. I never really paid attention in those days but I am sure God already called me by my name.

In later years I still felt it was necessary to go to church and I would feel terrible if I had missed a service. I believe when we attend church its God’s opportunity to speak to us through His word. The Pastor would share his thoughts with us and many times God has a message for me.

I find that you need to go to church with an expectation, a need and you also need to be open to hear God’s message. In church, we make friends and then it becomes a community. From going to church there is the possibility to go the Bible study classes.

Prayer

Humbly, Lord, I come into Your presence, I know that it is important to attend Church Services and I want to pray that the Holy Spirit will ignite a desire in each person's heart today. Going to hear what the message is, is so important to each one of us. Thank You, Lord Jesus Amen.



https://goo.gl/xK6bTg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...