Thursday 29 March 2018

Can you keep a secret?


Proverbs 11: 13 AMP
“He who goes about as a gossip reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy and faithful keeps a matter hidden.”

As I walked into the office everybody stopped talking and acted like they were busy with something. The one person I trusted went and started a fire. Dropping a quick word here and there as I looked at the people in the office I saw her standing behind one of the cabinets. Our eyes met and her face turned red. Hmm, she was spreading the news.

I walked into my office and greeted everyone on my way to my desks, guys nodding their head and woman pretending not to see me. I felt the heat rise up in my neck into my face. I felt flushed and embarrassed at the same time. The one person I trusted turned on me. Can you ever.

My boss walked over to my desk as I sat in my chair. “So I believe you have officially joined the divorcĂ©es club.” He smiled and placed a file on my desk. “Seriously!” I was furious right there and then. “Can no one keep a secret this day?” I looked up and my so-called friend walks toward my desk. “Hi, so glad you could make it today, I was under the impression you are going to take a day leave.” Her hands clutched in front of her as she played with her wedding ring.

Prayer
Abba Father, sometimes people are irresponsible and careless, they speak and say things they don’t even worry about. It just flows out of their mouths. I believe that You Lord will treat us exactly the same way we treat other people. Lord, if I lack compassion please forgive me and help me to be more compassionate towards other people in my life. If I have sinned against You knowingly or unknowingly, please forgive me. I also forgive those who have treated me with contempt and have gossiped about me. I set them free and I forgive them in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today's devotion? Share it with someone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...