Friday 23 March 2018

Don’t let fear rule your mouth!


Mark 9: 2-6 ESV
“And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James and John and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became radiant, intensely white, and no one on earth could bleach them. And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good that we are here. Let us make three tents, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.” For he did not know what to say, for they were terrified.”

The house is in turmoil and all I could think of was phoning my mom. I waited for the call to go through to my mom. A shot was fired and the phones handpiece shuttered. I almost fainted. This lunatic wasn't thinking and my life just flashed before my eyes. I know my mouth was faster than my brain and I was probably saying a whole lot more than was necessary.

James, John and Peter were with Jesus standing on the mountain, they didn't expect Moses and Elijah to pop in for a chat.  At that moment Peter was rambling, thinking of erecting tents for each person. I think he couldn't believe his own eyes. He saw Moses and Elijah and to top it off Jesus garment became radiant. It must have been spectacular but frightening at the same time.  They wouldn't have to know what to do.

I won't ever forget the day this person shot at me, I can still see it in my mind's eye. I have moved past my fear and I think my senses have dulled I don't fear anything, probably too stupid to even think about it. I have faced too many of these situations in my life. I have forgiven this person but I cannot forget what they did.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, please forgive me if I still hold onto the past, I forgive this person and set them free. Help me to focus my thoughts on You and let go of the past. You are my rock and my shield. I love You Lord, thank You for today, protect each one of us in Jesus name. Amen

Follow me:
Kellan Publishing
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Instagram
Pinterest
Stumble Upon
God’s Orchid
Google G+
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...