Tuesday 6 March 2018

God uses insignificant people.


2 Kings 5: 6 (ESV)
“And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, which read, “When this letter reaches you, know that I have sent to you Naaman my servant, that you may cure him of his leprosy.””

Frightened and shocked the messenger moves a couple of steps backwards. In the face of an outraged king, who tore his garments? Who knows what will happen? Elisha hears of this and sends a message to send Naaman to me.

Naaman stands outside the prophet’s house, another messenger is sent out. “Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored, and you shall be clean.” Red-faced the commander wants to rush off back to his country. The impudence of this prophet but his servant encourages him to just try it.

Water dripping down the commanders face and tears of joy as he looks at his body, he has been healed. The little girl was instrumental in pointing him in the right direction and God used Elisha.

Prayer

LORD, we are all instruments in Your hands, if there is something we can do for other shows us. Let us be the vessels You use to lead others to You. In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...