Tuesday 27 March 2018

Love Your Church


Ephesians 5: 25 AMP
“Husbands, love your wives [seek the highest good for her and surround her with a caring, unselfish love], just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,”

Apparently, this does happen in the Church communities. I remember arriving at my Pastors house for our weekly Mentorship classes. I walked into the lounge and greeted all my friends.

Sitting down our Pastor said he had to tell us something. He took out a file and started paging through all the correspondence, reading the hot emails. I was shocked and thought what is happening here. I felt appalled when I heard all the accusations. It amazed me that people thought they had the right to write things down. It was apparent the church was going to split.

I remember coming home in tears telling my husband I don't belong anywhere. All the places I go to end up being the wrong place for me. My husband said to me "don't you give up on your church."
I believe after the split in our church many a mature believer feels disillusioned and I wonder how our new believers are dealing with the havoc of this split. I know it must have affected our pastors and their families, and this brings reproach upon the name of Jesus Christ. I do believe there is hope. Our church will experience healing and restoration going forward.

Going forward I believe our church split will heal and we need to repent and come before the Lord in humility.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, humbly I pray forgive me and our congregation if we have sinned against You knowingly or unknowingly. We pray for our Pastors and dedicate them into Your hands today, Lord lift them up.  Lord give them the necessary strength to face each day. Guide them and help them.  Thank You Lord for our Pastors and thank You for Your loving kindness.  In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen

Inspired by today's devotion? Share it with someone!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...