Wednesday 25 April 2018

A heart filled with greed!


Luke 12: 15 AMP
“Then He said to them, “Watch out and guard yourselves against every form of greed; for not even when one has an overflowing abundance does his life consist of nor is it derived from his possession.”

What makes one greedy? The lack of things or material stuff in our lives and we compare ourselves to others. Greed starts with I wish I had this. In the end, we become selfish, greedy and unhappy.

It is something we probably all suffer from, greed comes in subtlety. We don’t even know it but we struggle to get over other people’s good fortune.

Repent today and let go of any envy that you have in your own heart. God placed you where you are with a purpose and stay focused so that you can hear from Him.

Let go of all “if only I had this, that or the other.” You are allowing greed into your life.

Prayer

Lord God, I am greedy and I know that I am selfish too. Please Lord, humbly I pray forgive me. I bring this sins before You in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Forgive me Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...