Wednesday 11 April 2018

Humble yourselves.


James 4: 10 AMP
“Humble yourselves [with an attitude of repentance and insignificance] in the presence if the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up, He will give you purpose].”

I mistakenly thought that if I had present myself as humble I needed to be weak, shameful or dishonourable in demeanour. Honestly, this frightened me, I have been through so much and had been humiliated on so many levels, I had a difficult time in showing my humility.

I prayed about my life, I repented and in time I was able to humble myself before the Lord. Accepting Him in my life and believing that He has accepted me as I am. I think in my own haughtiness I relied on my own strength for many years. I believe in God’s grace that He isn’t limited by our human flaws.

I believe all things are possible with God. I can count on Him to save me and I did.

Prayer

Abba Father, today in humility I stand before You, I repent of my own importance and haughtiness. I pray for forgiveness of sins and I ask Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth take Your place in my life. Holy Spirit You are welcome! In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...