Tuesday 24 April 2018

The Father of Lies!


John 8: 44 AMP
“You are of your father the devil, and it is your will to practice the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar and the father of lies and half-truths.”

I read this in Uncle Screw tape’s advice to Wormwood, C.S. Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters. “The fact that “devils” are predominantly comic figures in the modern imagination will help you. If any faint suspicion of your existence begins to arise in his mind, suggest to him a picture of something in red tights, and persuade him that since he cannot believe in that (it is an old textbook method of confusing them) he, therefore, cannot believe in you.”

Let's be frank I don't like the Series "Lucifer" at all, I also made it clear that I do not want to give any honour to the devil but watching this nonsense, the kids, on the other hand, wanted to watch it because it was so good. At any rate, they still watch the series with me up in arms, still angry and upset by their actions.
I believe we miss the point when it comes to the devil, he is so smart, making us think he doesn't exist and we play right into his hands each and every time.

There are so much injustice, oppression and broken relationships in our world today. I also see how perverse people have become, I hear how "easy the girls are" it makes me sick. 

What happened to be kind, showing compassion towards one another? Now watching Lucifer the series you don't realise it but you are open a door for him to influence you with bastions of wickedness and he is helping you develop wrong ideas and beliefs.

How to deal with this problem? We need faith in God because we cannot fight him on our own. 1 Corinthians 10 verses 21 to 22 reminds us "You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons. Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?" I cannot take the devils side and I won't take his side. I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

You need to realise that the spiritual world is real. God exists and so does the devil. Do not be deceived by the devil Isaiah 5 verse 20 says "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please open our eyes today and see Satan's lies. Please give us the discernment to see his work and help us to call on You Lord Jesus Christ in our hour of need. I pray this asking that nothing be covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known - Luke 12 verse 2. In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over each and every person reading my blog today as well as me. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...