Saturday 21 April 2018

The Lord is My Shepherd


Psalm 23: 5 ESV
“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.”

It is my heart’s desire to read and understand God’s Word that it will become alive within me and that I am able to share my knowledge with others.
Starting with the first verse we notice that the Lord is showing us our possession as well as our provision. It is amazing to see how King David describes these two important facts.

In times of difficulty we need to find peace and in the second verse King David reminds us of the peace and God is giving us. We are pardoned by God when King David reminds us that God restores our soul leading us on the paths of righteousness for His Namesake. Awesome!

Even when we face divesting circumstance we know we are partnered up with the Lord and that we do not have to fear no evil, because our partner God is with us.
We see how God is preparing a table before us in the presence of our enemies, anointing our head with oil and our cups running over. No wonder King David broke out in praising God for His goodness towards us.

Reminding us that we are heading for paradise and that we will live in the presence of our LORD God Almighty!

Prayer

Heavenly Father as we think about our lives please Lord give us the necessary wisdom and understanding to read You Word and let it become a living word in our lives today. In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...