Wednesday 16 May 2018

Is Jesus your Friend?


Luke 19:5 (AMP)
When Jesus reached the place, He looked up and said to him, “Zaccheus, hurry and come down, for today I must stay at your house.”

Looking at my picture I suppose you might think I must be a good person. I hope I am, but the truth of the matter is that you need to get to know me before you are able to make a definite decision. I find people are very judgemental and seem to think they actually know who I am, but they don't.

The same applies to Zacchaeus, this man was despised and people hated him. A Tax Collector that stole from them to enrich his own life. Then the Lord Jesus comes along and invites Himself to Zacchaeus' house for dinner. Can you imagine the slanderous discussions that followed?

Jesus makes friends with sinful people, despicable people and how does He respond to these people? He loves them and tells other that He has come to save the sick.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, I want to say thank You for being my friend. Thank You, Lord, that I can come to You with all my problems and all my hang-ups. Lord without Your help I never will make it in this life. I love and adore You, Lord. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...