Thursday 10 May 2018

Obedience verses service


Exodus 19: 8 AMP

All the people answered together and said, “We will do everything that the Lord has spoken.” And Moses reported the words of the people to the Lord.

If you have children perhaps you can relate, I find when I ask the kids to do something for me like empty the dustbin, I get ‘yes, I will.’ The person responsible for this job always agrees with me, but the dustbin stays full. I have come to realize that he suffers from ‘selective hearing.’ He automatically responded because he didn’t want a confrontation.

Simply put I believe we do exactly the same to the Lord.  We are so caught up in our daily chores and all kinds of business for the Lord that many a time we don’t hear Him speaking to us. Instead of being obedient and serve Him we say ‘yes, I will’ and carry on with whatever we are doing.

Prayer

Oh dear Lord, I am guilty of the same sins, I too say ‘yes, I will’ and carry on with whatever I am busy with. Please forgive me and help me to obey You when You speak to me. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...