Monday 25 June 2018

Standing in the storm


Hebrews 4: 15 (AMP)
For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize and understand our weaknesses and temptations, but One who has been tempted [knowing exactly how it feels to be human] in every respect as we are, yet without [committin any] sin.

Steve Jobs said something to this effect "Never take a decision on something when you are feeling angry or hurt, wait for the pain to go over and then once you feel better than take action."


So here the thing, I found myself in an emotional turmoil.  All of a sudden my whole life was upside down, I didn’t know if I was coming or going. I didn’t understand what brought the problem on but I suspect it was the work of the devil.  As you know he comes to steal and destroy.


I wanted to give up on everything and I mean everything. I had enough and I didn’t want to go through this nonsense again. I also said to myself “enough”.


Thank You, Lord for not letting me give up, I just had to turn to You. Now the Lord Jesus came into this world as a newborn child, flesh and blood. He had to endure all the same hardships most of us endure. Jesus knew what we are facing and can relate.


Prayer

Lord Jesus Christ, You know me better than I know myself, today I want to say thank You for not letting me give up. Thank You for encouraging me, as my High Priest and my Advocate. Giving me the necessary wisdom and insight for what I went through. I love You Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I will not give up and I am holding on to YOU with all my might. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen


Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...