Monday 2 July 2018

A Spiritual Journey

1 Corinthians 3: 1-4  AMP

Foundations for Living

“However, brothers and sisters, I could not talk to you as to spiritual people, but [only] as to worldly people [dominated by human nature], mere infants [in the new life] in Christ!  I fed you with milk, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it.  Even now you are still not ready.  You are still worldly [controlled by ordinary impulses, the sinful capacity].  For as long as there are jealousy and strife and discord among you, are you not unspiritual, and are you not walking like ordinary men [unchanged by faith]? For when one of you says, “I am [a disciple] of Paul,” and another, “I am [a disciple] of Apollos,” are you not [proving yourselves unchanged, just] ordinary people?”

I am not a people-pleaser.  As a young Christian, I fell into the trap of trying to please everybody.  I was up and down emotionally.  I never knew if I was coming or going. I would be concerned about "what would people think."

In time we all grow spiritually.

I love to read the Word of God on a daily basis. I enjoy going to church on Sundays. I enjoy going to Mentorship on Wednesdays. I am in the process of growing spiritually. God is patient with me.
I must tell you it hasn't been easy. I am walking in the fruit of the spirit. I read my Bible and pray every day.  Again, a process and I feel I am growing spiritually.

I thought about my journey. I hope that you will think about yours. Let the Lord Christ Jesus, show you the way going forward.

I am drawing near to the LORD. Lord, I need You.

Prayer

Lord, please help me. Holy Spirit comes and helps me I need to draw near to You. I do not want to be a carnal Christian. Holy Spirit renews my mind.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...