Monday 16 July 2018

Fear can paralyse you!



Psalm 56: 3 – 4 AMP
“When I am afraid, I will put my trust and faith in You. In God, whose word I praise; In God, I have put my trust; I shall not fear. What can mere man do to me?”

My emotional intelligence isn't quite up to standard according to me. I am not someone that is fearful, but I have come to realise that I am anxious.  My nerves feel drained.  I felt everything is crushing me. 

It's like an axe hovering over my head. I am just waiting for something to come crashing down on me. I cannot put my finger on it, but I still have this dread feeling. I need to place my trust in God and yet I seem to miss the point. Within hours I am struggling with a lower backache.  It feels like my legs are incapable of moving.  I have allowed fear to infiltrate my life again, forgetting God is in control.

I know that my life is in God's hands and that everything will work out just fine. I am anxious about my future and what it holds.  I don't know why I feel this way. I wish I could grasp the Word of God and keep it in my heart. "You hem me in behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139 verse 5. I keep my eyes focused on You Lord.

I will not allow fear to cripple me today and I know You are all around me.

Prayer

Abba Father, please help me today.  Please give me peace for today, guide me.  I believe You are with me every step of the way. I love and adore You, thank You Lord for Your loving kindness. In the name of Christ Jesus of Nazareth. Amen


Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...