Thursday 5 July 2018

Lord God, I am seeking to glorify You!


2 Thessalonians 1: 12 EVS “so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

As a secretary, I used type as a footnote on all of the documents “Lord I love You”  hiding the colour and sending my documents to the relevant people for approval. It was so nice to read that Bach composed 256 cantatas.  His most famous was Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring this famous soundtrack from four centuries ago is still played when a bride walks down the aisle to meet her groom.  I learned that he used to initial on all his music sheets JJ (Jesu, Juya – it meant “Jesus, help me).”  Bach also wrote SDG Soli Deo Gloria – to the glory of God alone at the bottom of the same music sheet.

It is my heart's desire to seek to glorify my God. I feel that I lack in so many areas but it is my heart's desire to seek to glorify God. I want to do the right thing at the right time, I constantly am praying please help me do this right Lord.

It was a strange day for me, I seem to be giving people a lot of lip.  I want to asseverate Revelations 5 verse 13 “Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them singing: ‘To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, forever and ever!’” Singing praises to my Lord and Saviour, the One I can trust with all my heart and soul.

In my eating and drinking and working I should be glorifying God. 1 Corinthians 10 verse 31 “so then, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of [our great] God.” I thank the Lord for my job, I am so grateful to be working this year. I am able to help others and serve God too. I am grateful that I can come to work each day and do my best work now. I am grateful for good family and friends. I am so grateful that I am healthy and God is watching over me. I want to glorify God each and every minute of my day.

In all circumstance, we should seek to glorify God. In the past couple of weeks, I have been going through a number of difficult situations.  I was sitting in Church and was reminded that God is still God.  Romans 8 verse 18 “For I consider [from the standpoint of faith] that the sufferings of the present life are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us!” Suffering isn’t something I love or enjoy but during these difficult circumstances, I seem to bloom and grow. 

Prayer

Lord, humbly I want to glorify You. I love You Lord and I know that without You I will never make it. I bring my problems to You today and I pray don’t change my circumstances but change my point of view. I am stubborn and full of nonsense help me get over myself in Jesus Christ Name, Soli Deo Gloria – to the glory of God alone. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...