Friday 20 July 2018

#Selfishness


Selfishness says things like “It’s all about me.”  “First is first and second is nothing.” “It’s my way or the highway!”

James 3:13-16  (AMP)

Wisdom from Above

“13 Who among you is wise and intelligent? Let him by his good conduct show his [good] deeds with the gentleness and humility of true wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not be arrogant, and [as a result] be in defiance of the truth. 15 This [superficial] wisdom is not that which comes down from above but is earthly (secular), natural (unspiritual), even demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder [unrest, rebellion] and every evil thing and morally degrading practice.”

Personally, I feel ashamed to admit that I actually struggle with “selfishness.” My word it’s truly difficult to share. I am so used getting what I want when I want it. I forget about the rest and I don’t want to share.

Humbly I stand shamefaced before the Lord, guilty of this sin of selfishness. I can only humbly pray to the LORD my God to please forgive me. I seem to believe I am entitled to everything and no one else is important.

Prayer

O Abba Father, humbly I repent of my selfishness, I know that I believe “first is first and second is nothing. I also believe that I am entitled to everything and I am supposed to receive everything.” Please, LORD, I have failed You on so many levels. Please humbly I pray to forgive me, LORD, I still struggle with selfishness. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...