Monday 27 August 2018

Am I ever StormProof?



Proverbs 3: 5-6 “Trust in and rely confidently on the LORD with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, and He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].”

Am I storm proof? Honestly, I do not believe that I am storm proof. I used to watch "Heroes" and do you remember Matt Parkman? Well, when I was watching this show, I freaked out when I saw him listen in on other people’s thoughts.  We need to trust in and rely confidently on the LORD with all our hearts and not rely on our own insight and or understanding.  We should always know and recognize Jesus, He will straighten and smooth the way ahead of us.

I do not want someone hearing my thoughts. There are times when I am off, and I am in a fight with myself. This person will know that I am struggling and zone in on my thoughts.

I know the devil cannot read our minds thank God for that, but I do believe he can read body language. He makes a suggestion, and sees our reaction, and acts on our reactions.

Without thinking, about it, we have become vulnerable. I believe being storm proof takes practice. We want to be focusing on God.

Prayer

Abba Father please assist me to weather the storms in my own life. According to Your Word Philippians chapter 2 verse 13 “for it is God who works in you (me) to will and to act in order to fulfil his good purpose.” I need You today as my emotional state is a mess. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...