Wednesday 8 August 2018

#Consequences


Numbers 14:18 Amplified Bible (AMP)
18 ‘The Lord is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving wickedness and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting (avenging) the wickedness and guilt of the fathers on the children, to the third and fourth generations [that is, calling the children to account for the sins of their fathers].’

The meaning of Consequences: “a result or effect, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant” I know of people who are just too forgiving and they do not implement consequences at all. I believe they want to avoid bad vibes at home and hate confrontations. Sure I know we need to follow God’s example of being slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving wickedness and transgression. One one hand it makes good sense, but what about the bad attitudes and the back chatting. The “not now, I will do it later” actions. Is this the right way to deal with kids actions?

I don’t know as I child I never used these words and when instructed I would do whatever it was immediately or else there would be consequences.  I believe that when I was given an instruction the kids should obey and do their chores. I see it is allowed to stay over and in fact not be done. This results in someone else picking up the slack or the job not done. Do we want our kids to be good for nothing lazy kids?  I don’t know why someone would want that for their kids.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You, Lord for always being kind and slow to anger with us as people, thank You also for forgiveness of sins and our wickedness. Thank You, Lord, for clearing the guilty and giving us another chance. Help us to keep Your Word, guide each one of us today in the raising of our children. Teach us the right way so that we may honour You going forward. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

 Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...