Tuesday 21 August 2018

God has a purpose for my life.


Overview

My husband and I were talking about a woman that was raped and a child was the result of this rape. We both have felt the child was unwanted and that because of the circumstances the child would probably be mistreated or given up for adoption.

On the other hand, God has a plan for each one of us, wanted or unwanted. In Jeremiah Chapter 1 verse 5 ESV “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nation.”

God knows each one of us before we were born. He has stated it clearly in Scripture. So we are all born for a reason. God has a plan for each one of our lives.

Scripture

Acts 17: 26 – 27 AMP
“And He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their lands and territories.  This was so that they would seek God if perhaps they might grasp for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.”

Devotion

I believe God has determined our appointed times according to Acts 17. It might be true that your parents didn’t want you, but God did. We all were born according to God’s calendar, each of us on a specific day and time. I know that God has a purpose for my life, I am not always sure what it is, but I do believe it is a good plan and a great future. I believe that I must be on God’s mind all the time otherwise He would not have given us His word. God confirms this in Psalm 139 verses 16 to 17 “You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God? They cannot be numbered!” Awesome, God loves me and knows me from before I was born. I can stand on His Word.

I believe I am exactly where I am supposed to be, “and the boundaries of their lands and territories.” I am reminded of something that happened the weekend. I was invited to a meeting and I sent a message to my friend that I will be late. But unfortunately she did not see the message and the gates were closed not permitting me access. It’s clear I wasn’t supposed to be at that meeting. I didn’t even freak out “it wasn’t supposed to be.” God takes delight in every aspect of my life and I should be speaking to Him about everything. How do I do that? I need to pray about everything, asking Him and agreeing with Him in His Word.

This was so that they would seek God”  again seek God. We need to constantly be seeking God in our every day lives. Looking for Him, setting Him first with everything we say and do. Building our personal relationship with Him each and every day. In order for me to be good at what I do, I need to invite God in and help me. I have found when typing my minutes I need God’s hand and guidance. I cannot always remember everything. God guides me and helps me. God is a must in my life, each step of the way.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I humbly come into Your presence. I clothe myself in Jesus Christ and in compassion and I want to pray for Your supernatural favour in my life and my family and friends lives. I want to say thank You, today. Lord I want to draw near to You today, I am seeking Your guidance. I am seeking Your kingdom, I want to be part of the bride. I don’t believe my talents are any good if You aren't helping me. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I pray to bless each and every person today reading my blog Amen.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...