Monday 6 August 2018

Honour God with My Body


1 Corinthians 6:20  (AMP)
“20 You were bought with a price [you were actually purchased with the precious blood of Jesus and made His own]. So then, honour and glorify God with your body.”

I believe our bodies are God's temple. We are supposed to be looking after our bodies. Because God resides within our bodies. We need to take care of what we put into our bodies.

In my youth, I struggled with bulimia. I never thought of the danger of losing too much weight, I just wanted to look pretty. Today I suffer the consequences of not looking after my body. Two aspects that have been negatively impacted is my stomach and my teeth. Believe me, you need both of them going into your old age.

The only way forward is asking for forgiveness, I repent and trust in God. I have gained about 10 kg. Apparently I boarder on obesity but I do not believe that.

God has given me a second chance. I need to do exercises but I am still not in that space.

Prayer

Please Lord, forgive me for not looking after my body in the past. I dedicate my thoughts and my eating habits into Your hands. Please, Lord, bless my life and thank You for my food. Thank You, for the forgiveness of sin. I love and Adore You. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...