Monday 6 August 2018

How to get rid of the act Part 3


Matthew 5:29-30 (AMP)
“29 If your right eye makes you stumble and leads you to sin, tear it out and throw it away [that is, remove yourself from the source of temptation]; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 If your right-hand makes you stumble and leads you to sin, cut it off and throw it away [that is, remove yourself from the source of temptation]; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.”   Jesus gives us the solution to our desires.

According to the Jewish culture, our right hand and right eye is our most valuable asset. Your best vision is in your right eye and the right-hand hold your best skill.
Jesus makes the point that we need to be willing to sacrifice our best and give way for our best and precious position to become free of all sin.

If I have God, then I have everything. I believe if I can possess God's righteousness I have everything. This righteousness comes with a price. Jesus paid the ultimate price when He went to Calvary to receive a new garment of righteousness. Jesus didn't only sacrifice His right eye and right hand but gave His life!

2 Timothy 2:22 (ESV)
“22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.” Getting rid of bad habits does not mean we are delivered of sin in our hearts. Jesus Christ's blood is the only cleaning we can take. 1 John 1 verse  9 reminds us to confess our sin, God will forgive us.

Jesus reminds us that we cannot possess the Kingdom of God standing on our own strength.

We can only enter the kingdom through His Holy Spirit and His power and salvation.

John 15:5  (NIV)
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
Prayer
Abba Father, create in me a clean heart and a pure spirit. Lord help me to focus on Your Word and teach me the way forward. My habits and my own life falls short and I can never get to heaven in my own strength. I accept You Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Saviour. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...