Tuesday 21 August 2018

I am learning to develop steadfastness and patience.


Overview

I have decided to become purpose driven. My first strategy is to say what I mean. Then I am also working on not speaking against myself or gossiping about others. I am learning to become immune to the actions of others. I have seen that people try and set me up to fail. I have decided not to become a victim in these situations.

My development in steadfastness is a slow process. I have decided to ignore stupid people. I know people who constantly believe they are always right. Read Proverbs 12 verse 15 - 25.

I am not a very patient person. I know Proverbs 14 verse 29 says "Whoever is patient has great understanding. but one who is quick-tempered displays folly." I am of course doing my best to practice patience and it is a slow process on my side.

Scripture

2 Thessalonians 3: 5 ESV
May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.

Devotion

I believe God is busy in my personal life. I have come to realise that it is important to do my best job now. I have been doing my best job and I must say it is paying off. I realise my best job differs sometimes, it’s not always the same, it differs from moment to moment.  My desire is to be steadfast in Christ each and every day.

It has always been my policy to speak directly to people, avoiding misunderstanding. My desire is to learn how to love others from Christ's point of view. I am working on my compassion and understanding towards others. Jesus made it a part of His life to pray constantly, we read in Mark 6 verse 46 “and after He had taken leave of them, He went up on the mountain to pray.” I realised I need to pray. In my personal life, I need prayer as well as in my professional life.

Jeremiah 29 verse 11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for the welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” My steadfastness is in the LORD, I believe this Word for my life. I am waiting patiently for God to change my life and renew my mind.

Prayer

Lord, humbly I want to pray that my blogger friend will find themselves in my devotional and let them pray for Your guidance. LORD, I am asking You humbly for Your grace and salvation in my own life as well as for my family and friends.  LORD, forgive me, I am sinful and I know there is a lot I need to confess. I am sorry if I have sinned against You knowingly or unknowingly.  Help me, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen
Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...