Friday 24 August 2018

I decided to wait on the LORD!


Psalm 119: 97 AMP

Mem
“OH, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.”

I woke up from a dream and I told my husband what I dreamt. In my dream, I was talking to someone and I said, I am so sick of collecting all kinds of stuff. She asked me like what? I said, “You know, new clothes, new shoes, new dishes and all kinds of new things for the house.” She said isn’t that what life is all about? I answered her and said “No, I feel that I am wasting my money on unnecessary stuff. I don’t have to be dressed in the latest fashion etc.”

My husband laughed and thought I was being philosophical. I believe I have come to realise all these things on earth won’t get me to heaven. Sure they are beautiful but I don’t really find any value in them.

The LORD wants us to invest our time in HIM. I believe that the LORD reminds us to spend time with Him. Psalm 84 verses 10 “For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand [anywhere else]’ I would rather stand [as a doorkeeper] at the threshold of the house of my God than to live [at ease] in the tents of wickedness.”

I think there are so many beautiful things on this earth but when I look at it, the shine has been lost on me. I am not drawn to it as I used to. I do want nice things but it won’t break my heart if I cannot get it. We are reminded to find our treasure in the LORD. Matthew 6 verses 19 to 21 “Do not store up for yourselves [material] treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in and steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart [your wishes, your desires; that on which your life centres] will be also.” I want to stay focused on the LORD and I will give up these beautiful things if that’s what it takes.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You, for all the beautiful things You have given me as a gift. I am so grateful for them. I am grateful that I am able to still come in humility to Your throne and worship You. Lord, all these blessings are wonderful and I love them so much. I realise that I am still in need of You each and every day. Yes, this world shines bright but in my eyes, You LORD shine brighter. I love and adore You in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen


Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...