Tuesday 7 August 2018

Setting Good Boundaries for Children


Leviticus 18:4-5 (NIV)

4 “You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.”

Reading Leviticus makes me see how much God cared for the Israelites. He set strict boundaries in place for the priest as well as how to care for their skin. It seems extreme but when I read how the other national carried on, it made good sense to keep God’s laws and decrees.

As a parent, we set boundaries for our own children. I like my children to have a bath before bedtime, it relaxes them. I also want them to go to bed at 20h00 each evening. School work is hectic and they need to be well rested and alert for the next day's tasks. If they go out on the weekend I want them to come home at a reasonable time. This ensures we have a mutual time if something happens I will go and look for them.

When it comes to food I want them to eat healthy foods and we do fight about vegetable but its essential to their diets. Studying is one of the other things that need to be done and they have to abide by the rules. We want them to attain the best results so that they can go to the college or a University.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your laws and decrees I am guilty of not always being faithful or obeying Your decrees. I humbly pray to forgive me in Jesus Christ Name. Thank You that You love me enough to help me see my mistakes and let me fix them in time. I love and adore You, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...