Monday 27 August 2018

The Sudden death of a Colleague


Psalm 42: 5 “Why are thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance”

Sunday afternoon I received a WhatsApp message from my colleague. One of our colleagues passed away Friday evening. I didn’t have words to say.  Today we came into the office everybody seems to be dismayed and still not sure. It was confirmed that this person died Friday in a motor vehicle accident.

If there is anybody that can worry about things that are out of their control it would be me. I was thinking perhaps it was a mistake and hey they are okay. We joke every day in the office and I’m sure this guy is okay.

It’s been an emotional roller-coaster today my friends and I have been sobbing. We cannot believe this actually happened. I see when my friend thinks of this guy tears wells up and she starts crying. We feel a little overwhelmed.

King David went through trying times but he didn’t allow himself to fall into depression. I believe King David called out to God and came to Him in his hour of need.

Prayer

Dear Father God, in our hour of grieve and depression please help us to choose to praise and trust in You. It’s almost unreal but I believe that You can and will make everything good again. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...