Friday 24 August 2018

Wait for the LORD


Psalm 33: 20 AMP
“We wait [expectantly] for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.”

Our lives have become so time sensitive. People are driven by their schedules. Meetings, appointments etc. We are in such a rush to get to our next appointment. I think about the age when Time stood still for me. As I child I felt the days were so very long. I thought a year felt like 10 years. It was my perspective then, right now I think the time is running out for me. I don’t have enough time and I have so much to do. My life journey poses loads of interesting detours and makes me come to a sudden halt when I don’t consult with the LORD. In these detours, I realize that I need to focus on the LORD. Wait for the LORD. Psalms chapter 31 verse 24 reminds me “be strong and let your hearts take courage, all you who wait for and confidently expect the LORD.”
We need to come in obedience to the LORD and He will help us. Psalms chapter 5 verse 3 reminds me to pray and speak to the LORD in the morning, “O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will prepare [a prayer and a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart].” Waiting for the LORD isn’t always easy but the LORD is faithful and hears my prayers.

I want to encourage you today to read Psalms chapter 37 verse 7 reminding us to “be still before the LORD; wait patiently for Him and entrust yourself to Him;”

Prayer

O LORD, humbly I bring my situation before You today, I am waiting for YOU LORD, come in and help me. I want to dedicate each and every person reading my blog today. LORD bless each one of us who are faithfully waiting for YOU, LORD. We are nothing without YOU. I pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...