Friday 14 September 2018

#Chosen!



I bought a bracelet to remind myself that God has called me by my name (Isaiah 43 verse 1). Although, I was going through a number of trials and tribulations.
John 15: 16 – 17 AMP
“You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed and placed and purposefully planted you, so that you would go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit will remain and be lasting, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [as My representative] He may give to you. This [is what] I command you: that you love and unselfishly seek the best for on another.”
These past couple of months I was facing my Goliath and it seemed to be greater than me, I just couldn’t connect with the Lord. I know that in God’s Word there are more than 3,000 promises and for the life of me I couldn’t see one. Why is that? Is it because in a sense I wanted to see God in the flesh and sit and talk to Him? Or do you think it’s because I couldn’t hear Him speaking in an audible voice?  God isnt tangible but His Word is.
Do you remember when the Israelites wanted a King? I am thinking of Saul, he was the person everybody thought was the man. A king to be admired but unfortunately he failed. Then Samuel went out to see Jesse. The Lord would choose one of Jesse’s sons. Everybody came along and each time God said not this one. Finally David came in and then Samuel anoited Him as the next king. I believe that everybody was under the impression that David was insignaficant, a shephards boy. What we do not realise is that God know’s our hearts and He knew David’s heart.
Thank You Lord for knowing my heart and that You are in control over my life. I know now that You have chosen me and that You have planted me where I am and I am bearing fruit.
Prayer
Abba Father, O Lord as I age I want to surrender my whole life back into Your hands. I believe You have chosen me. I believe You have called me by my name. Thank You for keeping me safe and helping in my time of need. I want to glorify Your Holy Name. Please Lord help me. I cannot do this on my own, help me today and every day going forward. I dedicate each and every person reading my blog today into Your hands. Holy Spirit touch each persons life. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen
 
Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
 
Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...