Tuesday 11 September 2018

#Relationships




2 Peter 3: 18 

“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen”

My self-worth was diminished as a young girl when one of the teachers told me that I would never amount to anything. According to this man I would be pregnant with a child in my arms and a child in the pram and a child on my brain.  I never fell pregnant while I attended school but only after my marriage.  Sadly I never thought I would amount to much because I allowed this teacher to speak ill of me.

As I reflect over my life I feel that I had to decide when to allow people into my life and when not. The problem is I never took my Dad seriously when he told me that “Bad company, corrupts good character.” I have been thinking about that and it struck me people can deceive us. In the meantime I have matured and I can sense when someone isn’t what they perceive to be. When it comes to relationships you may invite people into your life that lift you up, bring you down or level you. I don’t know I don’t like people who bring me down and once I realize that I cut them off. I just believe God is going to ask me to give a report of my life and what I have done with it.

Prayer

Humbly Abba Father, I pray that I may receive Your grace new every morning. I am humbly asking for the opportunity to grow spiritually. I love and adore You and I worship at Your feet. Lord Jesus I want to mature and grow each day. Help me to stand firm on Your Word, I am sanctified and draw near to You in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...