Tuesday 27 November 2018

Created to be like God


Ephesians 4: 24 NIV

“and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”

I understand and know that we all have painful pasts. Some people have experienced dreadful things in their lives and have managed to put it behind them. I always wonder how they became so good at being nice and acceptable. I believe they have “put on the new self,” drawing near to God.

This morning I was speaking to God about a number of things happening in my life. I believe that for me to go forward I need to “put on the new self,” each and every day. I also realize the devil want to seal my peace away. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10: 10

What did the Lord Jesus do for you and for me?  The Lord Jesus came to earth to die for our sins so that we can have life in abundance so that we can live our lives to the fullest each and every day.
I want to encourage you today to keep on reading God’s Word, study the Bible and come into a relationship with the Lord. Hold onto the Lord and He will renew your mind every day with His word.

Prayer
Oh Lord my God, I humbly come into Your presence. Lord I put on the new self today, Lord I humbly pray that You will help me to stay connected to You. I am Your child and You have called me by name. Lord I am reminding You that I am lost without You. I pray that I will be renewed and regenerated each and every day through Your Word. Thank You, Lord in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen
THE Word for Today:
 John 10: 10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...