Wednesday 7 November 2018

#Driven


Philippians 2: 3 – 5 NLT “don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”

I love to overcome challenges and its important to perform to the best of my abilities. I feel that it’s important to motivate myself to grow, stretch and learn all the time. I enjoy inspiring my friends and family.

It’s hard for me to sit back and just relax. I feel that there is something I can do and I must take action. I also forget that I’m supposed to have “the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.” Carrying on all on my own pace thinking only of myself and forgetting to include others. I get carried away with my self-importance and before I know I feel all alone and abandoned.

I have been reflecting on this matter of being so “driven” and I wonder how it can contribute to my life? Nothing good, in life my family and friends should take first place. I fail constantly and my heart is crying out to God, please help me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord, I fear that I have failed You on so many levels. I seem to be so driven and doing things to impress others who actually cannot give a damn. I failed when it comes to my family and friends. Today, I humbly pray forgive me. Help me to turn my focus back to the Lord Jesus Christ and help me to receive “the attitude of Christ Jesus” in my own life. I ask You humbly – reminding You “whatever You ask in my name, believe and receive it.” Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...