Tuesday 20 November 2018

How Destiny Helpers Sets You Apart From the Rest


1 Samuel 20: 1 – 4 NIV
David and Jonathan
“Then David fled from Naioth at Ramah and went to Jonathan and asked, “What have I done? What is my crime? How have I wronged your father, that he is trying to kill me?” “Never!” Jonathan replied. “You are not going to die! Look, my father doesn’t do anything, great or small, without letting me know. Why would he hide this from me? It isn’t so!” But David took an oath and said, “Your father knows very well that I have found favour in your eyes, and he has said to himself, ‘Jonathan must not know this or he will be grieved.” Yet as surely as the LORD lives and as you live, there is only a step between me and death.” Jonathan said to David, “Whatever you want me to do, I’ll do for you.”
We all need a destiny helper to set us apart from the rest of our peers. David had enemies, but one that stands out is King Saul.  
King Saul wanted his son to be the next king. Jonathan favoured David. They loved each other. Jonathan was shocked to hear of the king's plans to kill David. Jonathan would reveal the king's plans to David. Giving David an advantage of escaping death each time. 

I think everybody expected Jonathan to hate David because David would become the next king. Still, Jonathan never thought of David as an enemy but his friend. He confided in David.  Jonathan even went so far as to pray for David "May God be with you as He was with my father." Jonathan knew God had left King Saul. King Saul must have been so disappointed with Jonathan.  His heir to the throne and he even told Jonathan he was a disappointment. Favouring “the son of Jesse!”

I believe Jonathan was David's destiny helper, with the help of Jonathan, David's life was spared on many occasions.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to pray that You will release a destiny helper in my life and the lives of each person reading this blog. Please, Almighty God, raise up men and women that will exasperate the plans of the devil who is denying me and others of our crown, prophecy and testimonies. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Word for Today:
1 Samuel 20: 30, “Saul’s anger flared up at Jonathan and he said to him, “You son of a perverse and rebellious woman! Don’t I know that you have sided with the son of Jesse to your own shame of the mother who bore you?” (NIV)
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...