Wednesday 14 November 2018

#Paralyzed in fear


1 Peter 1: 8-9 (VOICE)

Early Christians stand apart from the culture and suffer social stigmas and physical persecution at times. Peter challenges them to remain faithful to Jesus who alos suffered for not conforming.

“Although you haven’t seen Jesus, you still love Him. Although you don’t yet see Him, you do believe in Him and celebrate with a joy that is glorious and beyond words. You are receiving the salvation of your souls as the result of your faith.”

Can you believe this; we are in the middle of November. Before we realise it, we are sitting in our car on our way to our holiday destination. The scary part is my contract comes to an end, January 2019.

I am facing a giant right now, unemployment. The fear of unemployment has been haunting me day and night. I feel it is robbing me of moving forward. Can I live my life to the fullest? 
Is there a way forward? What is it that I can do that will change my situation? I have been applying for jobs. I can only pray that the Lord will open the right doors for me. In the meantime, I have come to realise that I cannot face this problem on my own.

I believe that I need to submit myself to the one true God and fight against the devil and his schemes. (James 4: 7 voice) I cannot do this on my own I need the Lord Jesus Christ and I need to put on the whole armour of God to face my situation. (Ephesian 6: 10 - 18).

I can only overcome my situation when I confess "I trust in the LORD, rely on Him completely; never depend upon my own ideas and inventions." Probers 3: 5 Voice.

Prayer

LORD, Heavenly Father, You are wonderful, counsellor and Almighty God. As I think about my future I want to remind You today that You said that You have a plan for my life. You have a future for me and that You will help me to prosper. I bring this into Your presence and I am asking You to please not forget about me. It’s me Lord, Yvette. I am asking You to help me in the Name of Jesus Christ Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...