Tuesday 6 November 2018

Supernatural Favor from The Lord


Romans 11: 6 AMP

“But if it is by grace [God’s unmerited favour], it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace [it would not be a gift but a reward for works].”

Here’s a question, who am I depending on?  Am I depending on my own strength, wisdom and insight or am I depending on my spouse or family to get me through my predicament? Or my other and only option am I depending on the Lord Jesus Christ?

I am depending on the Lord Jesus Christ because nothing I do or my spouse or anybody I know can get me out of this predicament. Only the Lord Jesus Christ can. I am reading this verse and it states clearly that God’s unmerited (supernatural) favour is by grace.  It’s a gift to me when I place my trust and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I know that it is my nature to always try and earn whatever, I don’t believe that anything is for free and I normally feel suspicious of people saying “o, it's for free.” Don’t take offence I doubt anything is for free. There is always a catch.

But as a Child of God, a Christian I am standing on this verse today that I have the Lord’s unmerited favour in my own life, even in this situation I am facing this very minute.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord my God, thank You, for today, thank You for Your grace and mercy new every day. Lord in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I believe that I am in right standing before You because of Your Son Jesus Christ, a perfect sacrifice on the cross for my iniquities. Praise You, Lord, thank You, Lord Jesus, For always keeping me in right standing before God. I am unclean and not worthy without You Lord Jesus Christ. I know not even my best efforts are worthy of standing before You Lord, Amen.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...