Wednesday 23 January 2019

Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.


Proverbs 2: 6 ESV
“For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;”

As I search my heart today, it is clear to me I would love to know the LORD Jesus better, my problem is I am not that focused. I want wisdom and knowledge and understanding. I also have come to realise that I seem to forget these days.

I am constantly reminding people around me to study God’s word. I think reading Proverbs each day can give us a guideline to our lives. We actually have to sit down and read the Bible. I know God wants to impart wisdom and understanding to each one of us. The problem is we aren’t that focused and we neglect to read the Bible as often as we should.

Proverbs 2: 10 ESV says “for wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul:” Studying Gods Word will open our hearts to receive wisdom and knowledge. Again, we should be focused on God’s Word.

What to do? For God’s Word to take root in our lives we need to make time and spend time in Gods’ Word. Getting up 15 minutes earlier and spending time in Gods Word. You will be so surprised at the spiritual growth in your own life. Something to remember God will keep an eye on you when you practice spending time with Him.  I want to challenge you today, take that 15 minutes and spend it with God.

Prayer

Abba Father, thank you for today, I have so much I am grateful of and I know I cannot make it on my own. I want to draw near to You each and every day. I want wisdom and understanding in my own life I do spend time with You but I want to expand in my spiritual growth. Lord Jesus Christ help me with my quiet time. Amen
The Word for Today:
Proverbs 13: 10, “Through pride and presumption comes nothing but strife, but [skilful and godly] wisdom is with those who welcome [well-advised] counsel.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...