Friday 18 January 2019

Rekindle your desire – seeking God!


Psalm 119: 2 ESV

“Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart.”

We are reminded to love the LORD our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our might [Deuteronomy 6: 5]. Sometimes we need to rekindle our desires for God, in seeking Him. I know I am facing a situation and I cannot trust people, they go out of their way to hurt me. I can only trust in the Lord “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” [Proverbs 3: 5].

Facing difficult situations and circumstance causes me to look for the LORD, I am constantly calling out to Him and I know that He is true to His word. “You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.” [Jeremiah 29: 13].

My question is do I truly love the LORD with all my heart? How will I gauge my love for the LORD? I think the LORD knows that I love Him with all my heart. I seek Him constantly, I fear that I am a disappointment to Him. I think there are times when I let Him down and He must feel sad to have me as His child. I believe that I need to constantly be reading my Bible and learning as much as I can about the person I truly love. The Lord is found in the pages of the Bible. I am lost without Him. I say goodnight and when I wake up I say good morning. During the day I seek God when I feel pressure and need help.

We all have pressure and pain sometimes and it can be stressful, I just believe those are the times I actually grow.
Prayer

Lord, humbly I come into Your presence. You are Holy and I want to praise Your Holy Name. Lord Let Your kingdom come and Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Lord I want to dedicate these naysayers into Your hands and I want to pray for their salvation. I pray Lord that they will birth what is on their minds and in their hearts. Lord, I pray that You will touch these peoples lives and they will rekindle their desire for You. Lord drawing near to You. I pray for their salvation and renewing of their minds as well as mine in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
The Word for Today:
Jeremiah 29: 11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.


CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...