Monday 21 January 2019

When someone irritates me.


Ephesians 4: 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.”

I am a very straight forward person. A spade is a spade. That kind of straight and please do not lie to me. I get super angry. Now when it comes to someone that truly irritates me I have no filters. The words "pop out" and I say what I feel and think. 

Yes, I know forgive this person and be kind, understanding and compassionate. My heart tells me to act in this way but my brain doesn't work like that. Reaching out is difficult and I struggle with to be a friendly person. Especially when I feel this person is defiant.  

Of course, I am working at being kinder and reaching out but it's very difficult for me. I forgive this person on a regular basis because I feel they manipulate the system to get their way. In Ephesians 4 verse 32 I am reminded to forgive as God has forgiven me. It takes me a while to get that forgiving in place.

It's beyond my understanding to grasp this person who goes out of their way to irritate me. When instructed to do a simple task, they will complicate the task and leave it. 

Unfortunately, I am a purpose driven, time-conscious and goal oriented person. The person in question does not care if it's Monday or Sunday each day is the same to them. Time is of no concern and by the way "who cares."  

Okay, you argue that this person is trying to live their own lives. The problem with this is that they have no direction and will not accept any guidance.

Which reminds me of God's Word. "Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God forgave you." I know, I am working on this matter. I am struggling with self-control and understanding this person. They don't make it any easier for me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord my God, You understand me and know where I am coming from. You also know the person I am referring to. Lord, You know how vicious this person is and how definite they are. 

Lord, You know what they do and say things behind my back. Humbly, I ask please LORD, forgive me, I do feel irritated by them, I forgive them and set them free, placing them into Your hands. In the Holy, Name of Jesus Christ. Amen
The Word for Today:
Isaiah 42: 3, “A bruised reed shall He not break, and the smoking flax shall He not quench; He shall bring forth judgment unto truth.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...