Monday 18 February 2019

Become a good listener.


Mark 4: 9 The Voice

All who have ears to hear, let them listen.

I don’t know about you, I have a bad habit of chipping in trying to complete the sentence of people when I feel they are taking to long. I don’t seem to be listening to what they are saying. My husband has to restrain me. He actually says “please give me a chance to tell you what I want to do.”
This has got me thinking when it comes to listening to my husband I lack the discipline and it is a very bad habit. I get half the story. I know I should start with understanding what he is telling me but my impatience gets the best of me.

I realise today I will not get any breakthroughs with this lack of hearing, I need to get focused and listen to people when they are speaking to me. The solution to this problem would be to number one look directly at the person speaking to me. Focusing all my attention on this person my husband. Secondly no more interruptions. I know it infuriates him. I must let him speak and tell me what he is doing then react. Yes we all know am a judging person. O deary me, I need to wait and listen to the whole story before I start judging. Give him a chance to speak his mind and then say something in response to the conversation.

Thank goodness it’s never too late to become a good listener, I will be doing this going forward from today. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord thank You for today, thank You for your Word, yes Lord, I am guilty when it comes to listening. I seem to interrupt people when they are speaking to me, too excited and then they don’t get to tell me what’s happening. Lord thank You for this word for today, I believe You are teaching me a new skill. I need to make it my business to listen to. In the name of Jesus, Christ Lord help me to listen. Amen
THE Word for Today:
Matthew 28: 19, “Go therefore and make disciples..”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...