Saturday 2 February 2019

#PrayerRenewedSpirit


Ephesians 4: 22 – 24 (TLB)

“then throw off your old evil nature – the old you that was a partner in your evil ways – rotten through and through, full of lust and sham.  Now your attitudes and thoughts must all be constantly changing for the better.  Yes, you must be a new and different person, holy and good. Clothe yourself with the new nature.”

We need to constantly come into the presence of the LORD and ask the Holy Spirit to help us with the renewing of our minds. In Ephesians, we see we are reminded to let go of the old sinful past and start moving forward towards the renewing of our minds. We need to change our attitude and thoughts by constantly focusing on God’s Word.

When we gave our lives to the LORD Jesus we became a new creation and children of the Living God. In 2 Corinthians 5 verse 17, we are reminded that we are a new creation in Christ.

I realize that my life isn’t perfect and I need to repent on a daily basis from my sinful life. Each day we need to meditate on God’s Word and we are also reminded in 2 Corinthians 4 verse 16 to renew our minds daily. Soaking up God’s Word and asking the Holy Spirit to help us. I believe in taking time and staying in God’s presence and reading the Word (Bible) writing down thoughts and praying about the LORD’s Word. Asking the Holy Spirit to reveal His word to us.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, humbly I draw closer to You and I repent of my sinful life. Lord, if there are sins I should be repenting off please show me. I want to pray for the renewing of my mind, my soul and my spirit. I clothe myself with You, LORD Jesus, I am humbly praying for the renewing of my spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
The Word for Today:
2 Corinthians 4: 16, “That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our inner strength in the LORD is growing every day.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...