Wednesday 3 April 2019

Do I just make things up or am I hearing from God?



Isaiah 40: 31 ESV

“but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

As a young person, I used to believe "its one thing after another." We were struggling financially. Now I realise that "life isn't one thing after another." I think when you are young, you are impatient. I want this right now I don't want to save up for that specific thing. When reading Isaiah 40 verse 31 "but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

It is clear that I never want to wait. The waiting part is just too long. Why wait when I can buy something on credit?

I believe I lacked Godly wisdom. I didn't truly trust the LORD wholeheartedly.
In perspective, those were difficult days because of my impatience. I did not consider, the bigger picture and I didn't check my budget.

I still struggle with being impatient. I draw my strength from the LORD. The process is learning to wait on the LORD and in waiting; I believe I can see the bigger picture.

Prayer

LORD, today I want to pray for the strength to wait for the best time to act. LORD, You know I am learning each day, help me to stay focused on You. LORD, I want to grow to maturity in Jesus Christ. Please LORD in Jesus Christ's name, Amen
The Word for Today:
James 1: 22 (KJV) “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.


CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...