Sunday 5 May 2019

Scripture for Sunday

   

Overcoming failure

Psalm 73:26 Amplified Bible (AMP)

My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the rock and strength of my heart and my portion forever.

I live in Witbank, a town in Mpumalanga, it's not very impressive there are so many potholes on the road you can hardly see the road from the sand road. 

I believe my life also has a couple of potholes, it seems like I am doing fine and then I hit a ditch. My whole life comes to a halt. I failed at something important and now I have to deal with the consequences. You know that feeling, when is this going to stop? I have come to realize I should change my attitude and things will get better. Instead of saying "when is this going to stop?" I should be saying this is a "learning experience" I need to take something away from this.

This morning I came to work in my car and the poor thing is really old and didn't want to go up the hill. I was frustrated but then I realized that I should learn to be patient and just let the car drive. It cannot go faster and I cannot do anything about it. I could have been angry by the time I reached my office but I am feeling a little irritated but not so bad. I realized this is one way to teach me to be patient. 

I want to defeat this problem but I cannot do anything about it. God knows my heart and sees me for who I am. I need to stay focused on Him and not the problem. It will change in time. I am more than a conquer. 

Lord in all humility I pray help me today, guide me and give me the necessary wisdom and insight, help me stand firm and please bear with me. I want to be more than a conquer through You Lord. Amen

RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...