Monday 24 June 2019

Pray from your heart!

Matthew 6:5 (AMP)

“Also, when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to pray [publicly] standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets so that they may be seen by men. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, they [already] have their reward in full."

I have come to realise that lately, I have been reciting a prayer each and every day, I haven't really been praying from my heart.  Sadly this has placed me in a difficult position making me feel inadequate and without direction.

I have been so busy with all kinds of things keeping me from really expressing my hearts feelings and thoughts. 

Preaching to myself this afternoon, humbly coming before the LORD, bring my heartfelt desires and expressing my feelings. I have realised that I have been burning the candle both side and I am facing a burnout.

Exhaustion is creeping up on me and I feel hopeless at times because I have no real source of connection to the LORD. I am reading the Word praying prayers but not heartfelt ones.

O LORD, my LORD, humbly I express my regret of not speaking to You openly and honestly. I have been keeping myself so busy and this has resulted in my becoming overtired and drained. I have lost my passion and missed the point long ago. The best part is LORD, You stay faithful to me, constantly being here for me. How blessed I feel in this knowledge that You have not failed me once. Thank You LORD Jesus Amen

RELATED RESOURCES:
Join in today with a one-minute scripture, and a personal inspirational message, and prayer, with Yvette van Niekerk's book, Daily Devotional Ebenezer. Order your eBook copy here today.

CONNECT:
You can follow along with Yvette van Niekerk at her 
blog, Google G+
 and on Instagram.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Other sites you may want to follow me: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...