Thursday 5 September 2019

Small Thinking


https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer

Ephesians 3: 20 – 21 ESV
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Small thinking caused me to limit myself. I didn’t think that I am blessed or even worthy of blessings but God has opened the doors to my wildest dreams. I wanted to travel the world like my sister, go to Europe,  America’s and even to Egypt.

I thought about this and prayed about this, I am not envious of my sister or my brother for that fact, I believe God blesses them each and every day. I was just feeling sorry for myself and because of my small thinking through it impossible to travel anywhere in any case.

Then last year while I was praying I said to the Lord Jesus, Lord I want to visit my brother in Australia, I don’t know how and I don’t know when. I do want to visit him and his family. Anyway, I left that thought with the Lord.  My brother came to visit us here in South Africa. I was elated to see him again. You know we have not seen him in 20 years. It was so good and the time we spent together just flew by.
Well I was truly upset when he left and now he's back in Australia. Then something wonderful happens, he bought me an airplane ticket to come and visit him in Australia!! Now I am waiting for some documents to get my visitor’s visa to Australia. What an awesome God we serve.

So here’s the thing, how big is my God?  I think I put my God in a matchbox, I never thought of how big my God really is. It’s said that there are 100 billion galaxies and 100 billion stars in each of these galaxies. Who created them? My God created them, I serve a BIG God.
I believe my God is so big that He forgave me all my sins, He has set me free. I believe He loves me for who I am. Even when I slip up. He still loves me. 

Prayer
Lord, I have been blessed with so many good things in my life, in comparison to other people I thought I was left behind and forgotten. Humbly I confess that these thoughts have been covertness and that I am truly blessed.

You heart my prayer about going to visit Paul in Australia, how awesome that you have opened the door wide for me to go. My ticket in my hand. I am truly grateful and I can only say thank you. You know I love you and I believe You are working for my good. I praise Your Holy Name and say thank YOU Lord Jesus Christ. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...