Wednesday 4 September 2019

The leftovers



Mark 7: 28 - 30
"Yes, Lord," she replied, "but even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs." Then he told her, "For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter." She went home and found her child lying on the bed, and the demon was gone."

I know I mess up each and every day. Doing worse the day before. I believe I won't make it through today without making an error. But I really try. Why do I keep on failing? I believe because I am a woman, and human.

I think about the faith of a Syrophoenician Woman, she approached the Lord Jesus hoping that He would heal her daughter who was demon-possessed. She spoke to the Lord Jesus and didn't the feeling of "entitlement" no she said that even the dogs eat the crumbs under the table. She didn't believe that she was "entitled" to receive anything from Jesus.

She was happy to receive any leftovers there may be for her. I look at this and I believe we live in a society of "entitled people." It's my right to get this and the other. Seriously?

What happened to be grateful for the things we have. Who are we to think that we are entitled to anything we have?

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinful person and I slip up most of the time, You know me better than I know myself.  Lord, please forgive me for being so stiffnecked at times, so stubborn and so full of nonsense.

Please Lord, forgive me the sins I know of and those I am unaware of. I dedicate my life into Your hands today. I am happy Lord to receive the leftovers from Your table. In faith, I believe You are able to give me my hearts desires. In the name of Jesus Christ amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...