Skip to main content

How do I fulfil the needs of the people around me?



Is it by my housekeeping and cooking and making our house into a home?  Is it by looking after the children?  Checking homework, making sure they know what to do next?  Is it by listening to all the long stories and laughing at the silly mistakes they make?  Is it by reading the Bible to them and asking them key questions?

I actually do not know.  I want to make a difference in the lives of each of the people I meet and I so want to be able to know that I was able to fulfil their needs at that time.

I have been drawing closer to the Lord God in humble prayer, I wait to see how the Lord God is going to renew my mind and change my way of life.  I want to be able to serve people and my family without complaining and nagging.  I so want to be a more serving person, someone that you are able to rely on and know that I will be there no matter what.  Do I have the strength and the ability to do my job?  Am I able to make a difference in the lives of my family and friends?  

I can only dedicate my life back into the hands of my Lord Jesus Christ and pray for wisdom, understanding and the will to do as I am asked by God.

Popular posts from this blog

Develop yourself!

Joel Osteen is an excellent Pastor.
Thank you, Joel.

#Jesus #Christ

Acts 2:38-40 (ICB)38 Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is for you. It is also for your children and for all who are far away. It is for everyone the Lord our God calls to himself.”40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!”
I say we are too caught up in our own little worlds, we believe that we are capable of so much and that when times are difficult then we call on the Lord Jesus.  When nothing happens and we do not receive answered prayers we lose hope and start looking for new ways to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.
In the International Children’s Bible we read that “change your hearts and lives and be baptized,”  the words that stood out for me is “change your hearts and lives.”  I have been thinking about these words.  Something m…

Duane's World

Duane interviewing Storm
live from Jo'burg