Tuesday 4 July 2017

Wisdom in Trusting God


Proverbs 3: 5-6 NIV “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”

My journey has been really interesting and there are days when I find it really difficult to trust in God.  On those days I go and make all kinds of plans and I think and worry about the matter at hand and at the end of that day I am tired, frustrated and I feel sick to my stomach.  Are you able to relate? 

 It sounds so easy when you read these words “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;”  Many times I take my problems to the LORD and I leave them with the LORD and after some serious thinking and worrying I go back to the LORD and take the problems back.

This has been something I did for a number of years and lately, I have realized it has to change, I have to trust in the LORD.  After all, God is the creator and knows the plans for my life and no matter how I try and influence Him to change it to suit me if that isn’t His will for my life, it stays just as it is.

I constantly pray about my life and what I plan on doing and I am constantly seeking God’s wisdom and guidance, I believe God has made the paths straight on my behalf.

Prayer


LORD help me to not trust my own understanding but to trust Your understanding and plan for my own life.  Please, LORD, guide me and help me on my way and teach me to stay focused and not fall on the way.  I dedicate my life into YOUR Hands asking for a straight path and blessings as You see fit.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...