Wednesday 5 July 2017

Proactive thinking


Philippians 3: 13 KJV “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,”

Many people are hurting and have faced a couple of difficult situations, sometimes these battles are a fork in the road so to speak.  I had a couple of battles that I faced in my life that was the so-called fork in the road.

The thing that caught my attention today is once I relive or think back, I become so depressed and despondent it makes me angry and I feel worthless.

What is my answer to these really bad feelings?  I need to be proactive in my thinking, pushing these memories away and replacing them with happy memories or to start focusing on something new.

My proactive thoughts are now moving me to focus on the Word of God (Bible), as I page through my Bible I look for verses to help me feel happy, and move me into another state of mind.

I take practice and it is hard work because I also forget about being proactive and sometimes just feel totally sorry for myself.  As I think of the words of the verse above I stretch my thoughts and I start dreaming of something that I so desire.  Something that makes me happy.

Prayer


Abba Father, as we leave our hurt and pain behind from our past, we want to renew our thought life and be more proactive in our thinking.  Lord, we want to stay focused on the Lord Jesus and we want to cloth ourselves with You Lord.  As the blood of Jesus covers us right now we ask to help us let go of the past and move into another dimension of renewing our thought life.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...