Monday 3 July 2017

Are you being tested?


1 Peter 1: 7 “These trials will show that your faith is genuine.  It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold –though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.  So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.”

When I was younger I thought that God believed that I was an “elastic” always stretching me and it never occurred to me that God was strengthening my faith.

As the years go by and every trail that comes my way I sometimes do well and sometimes I don’t.  The times I fail the trail, I believe God lets it come back again until I have learned to deal with that specific situation.

Do you feel discouraged, lonely and just not in the place where God wants you?  I think you are exactly where God wants you, the circumstances you are facing right now is what is changing your character.  It’s is building you and changing you so that you are becoming more and more like the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sometimes when I hear people say, it’s just a season and it too will pass, I feel like running away and hiding.  The thing is you actually cannot hide from your circumstances and you have to ride it out.

Prayer


O Lord God, sometimes we just want to hide and not be in the firing line, it isn't the nicest thing in life to go through trials and tribulations.  We do realize that You are busy working.  In all humility Thank You, for always being there for us even when we feel the need to run and hide.  In the precious name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...