Tuesday 11 July 2017

You are covered by day and by night


Exodus 13: 21 AMP “The [presence of the] LORD was going before them by day in a pillar (column) of the cloud to lead them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, so that they would travel by day and by night.”

Reading the Hebrew words and their means for some the words today I want to tell you about the word “Ananei HaKavod which means the Cloud of Glory.”  I was so impressed by the meaning I really wanted to share my thinking.  It is said that the Jewish Rabbis called this cloud the “Ananei HaKavod.”  They teach that in this cloud God provides for His people and that God keeps them safe.  Now that is inside the cloud.  I also realized that without the cloud the people would have been fearful but the knew God was with them during their travels because of the cloud, they saw His presence with them.  God sustained them during their travel through the desert for 40 years.

Life can come at you from all angles and you might just be facing a trial right now.  In my own life, I am also going through situations, things that I just cannot control and I do not have any control over them.  It isn’t fun and I do get frustrated but today as I sit here thinking about the Cloud of Glory I feel confident that I too may approach the LORD and ask Him to cover me.

I believe that God is still the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  I believe that He will keep me and that He will sustain my life.  I may feel that I am in the desert right now, but I also believe that His cloud is covering me by day and the Fire column at night.  I believe that I am covered day and night.  So are you.

Prayer


I stand here in absolute awe of You LORD God Almighty.  My life is in Your hands and I believe that Your Cloud of Glory is covering me this very minute.  I cannot go anywhere without You.  You are with me now and always.  In awe and adoration I praise and worship You for the knowledge and I thank You, Lord, that You are with me.  Each and every day in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen 
https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...