Thursday 6 July 2017

Jealousy in marriages?


1 John 4: 18 AMP “There is no fear in love [dread does not exist].  But perfect (complete, full-grown) love drives out fear, because fear involves [the expectation of divine] punishment, so the one who is afraid [of God’s judgment] is not perfected in love [has not grown into a sufficient understanding of God’s love].”

This is my second marriage and to be honest I struggled terribly with feelings of inferiority and feeling jealous.  This has been a thorn in my side for many years.  Well, one day feeling miserable and so jealous I could die I realized something.  If I truly loved my husband and I had such terrible feeling of being jealous where was the love?

Love covers everything and love is understanding and always believes the very best of the person you love.

Now as I was extremely jealous I was constantly monitoring my husband's cell phone, checking his every move.  Any strange numbers on the phone I would call them the next day and if it was a woman I would be extremely angry.  There are two parts to Song of Solomon chapter 8 verse 6 on the one side it speaks of love and how love seals the heart and is stronger than death.  The other part speaks to a jealous person who is severed and cruel as Sheol the place of the dead.  You see it describes jealousy as flashes of fire, a vehement flame.

And that is exactly what it feels like when you suffer from such symptoms of jealousy.  You need to get rid of this as soon as possible, do not allow it to become a stronghold in your own life.

I had to fast and pray for a couple of months to rid myself of being jealous and I still struggle with it at times.  When these feelings pop up I confess it immediately and pray that the Lord will release a fresh new perspective in my life concerning my husband.  I love him so very much; he is really such a great and good husband.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord You, know the problems I had with dealing with a jealous heart, the feelings that I struggled with of inferiority and being miserable most of the time.  I thank You, Lord, that I had the opportunity in bring them to You.  Praying and fasting about my life and the decisions I made.  Hoping and trusting in You that I would be safe and that I would know that You loved me first, my husband loved me and that everything was good.  Thank You, Lord, in Jesus Christ's name.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...