Tuesday 11 July 2017

I stand in Awe of God



2 Corinthians 13: 5AMP “Test and evaluate yourselves to see whether you are in the faith and living your lives as [committed] believers.  Examine yourselves [not me]!  Or do you not recognize this about yourselves [by an ongoing experience] that Jesus Christ is in you – unless indeed you fail the test and are rejected as counterfeit?”

The Apostel Paul is reminding each and every one of us to test and evaluate ourselves to see whether we are in the faith and if we are living our lives as committed believers.  As I sit here and think about my own personal walk with the Lord I believe that I am a committed believer.  I fear the Lord my God with all my being.  I believe that I respect and have reverence for the LORD my God and I worship God on and off.  I read that the word fear is translated “yirah” in Hebrew.  This means “awe” which also refers to “respect, reverence, and worship.”

I am constantly examining my own personal relationship with the LORD.  I believe this is an ongoing process some days I feel that I am on top of the World other days I don’t.  I believe that the LORD JESUS Christ is living within me, and I do want to be clothed with the LORD Jesus Christ.

Of all the people I love and know I think I am the weird one, I am constantly worried that I might fail the test and be considered as counterfeit.  It is my heart's desire to be a true Child of God.

As you consider your own life and test and evaluate yourself today I want to remind you that we should all stand in fear ‘Awe’ of the Lord Jesus.

Prayer


Heavenly Father, I have been considering my own life and I do want to stay true to You each and every day of my life.  Lord as I evaluate my life before You today, I pray that YOU Holy Spirit will check my heart and my motives.  LORD that I will be cleansed and that I am able to stand in Yirah before YOU Lord.  I want to worship YOU and praise YOU.  In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen
https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...